So, this year, I hope to share bits and pieces of our homeschooling in an easier way. These will be snapshots of our studies or days and small captions with the photos. Hope this works to still give a glimpse into homeschool life as well as provide some ideas/inspiration!
Be blessed and I hope you enjoy a peek at our first 'row' in Volume 4 of Five in a Row, Albert, by Jim LaMarche.
Main areas of study for Albert:
- nests and nesting birds
- embracing and enjoying nature
- gentleness of heart
- facing fears
- whimsical tales
- city living
- maple trees and maple syrup
- language arts: adjectives, descriptive sentences, list making, letter writing, symbolism
- art: working with water colors and pencil crayons, sketching nature, sculpture
- music: Vivaldi, the Four Seasons
- drama: pantomime and miming
- science: noise and decibels, the human body - joints
|On a hunt for nests in the woods.|
|Comparing leaves in our neighborhood.|
|On a hike, looking for cardinals and birds of all kinds.|
|Feeding the Chickadees.|
|Art project: using self-drying clay to make a cardinal and her eggs.|
|For our study of 'city living' we created a house out of two shoe boxes.|
|Some of the resources we used.|
Thanks for reading!